Killarney and the surrounding district has some of the best salmon and trout waters in Ireland and is an ideal base for fishing enthusiasts. With miles of rivers and a choice of lakes, you won’t have to queue for time or space!
Trout fishing on Killarney’s Lakes is free and, for a small licence fee you can hunt for the magnificent wild Atlantic Salmon. On many of the nearby rivers and lakes, for a small daily/weekly charge you can fish for Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout and Salmon.
The seasons are as follows:
- Salmon from 17th January to 30th September.
- Sea-Trout, 17th January to 12th October.
- Brown Trout 15th February to 12th October.
Sea coast and deep-sea fishing options are but a short drive away on many points around the Atlantic Kerry coast.
Farranfore Fishing Guide
– Tel: +353 (0)66 976 4927 or +353 (0)87 122 9352
Killarney Lakeland Tours
– Tel: +353 (0)64 662 0865 or +353 (0)87 278 9335
O’Neills Fishing Tackle Shop, Plunkett Street, Killarney
– Tel: +353 (0)64 663 1970
Call to O’Neills for all the permits and licences you will require for fishing in Killarney.